I am most thankful this year for my family and friends, without their love and support over the past year and a half really, I don't know where I'd be, more than likely I'd be in a looney bin, but thanks to them I am at home with my boys and will be celebrating the holidays with a bittersweetness. I miss my mom and my grandma more at this time of year than any other. I am so glad I paid attention when they cooked over the years! I find myself constantly wanting to pick up the phone to call about how to cook something. My family has always been big on getting together to eat, food seemed to be the glue that held us all together along with my grandma, she always used to make SOOOOOOOO much food, I mean even though I have a big family, she would cook like she was feeding 100, and there was usually only 20-25, everyone always had leftovers to take, maybe thats why she did it, so that she could take care of us for more than just that one night? I really wish I could be in Vegas this year, I have missed now 2 Thanksgivings now and it stinks! Sometimes I am glad we moved, but I get really really really homesick especially now. So, now that I have thoroughly depressed myself, and probably those that are reading (sorry about that), I will move on to more poignant things that I am grateful for.
1. I am grateful that Nate has finally started talking more clearly, makes life so much easier :)
2. I am grateful that my husband still has a job :)
3. I am grateful that I am going back to school next year for a psychology degree
4. I am grateful that I will be turning 30..they have got to be a better decade than my 20's
5. I am grateful for the new blog friends that I have made..seriously some days just reading funny anecdotes about someone else's life just makes me happy :)
6. I am grateful that I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon (even though mark thinks I read too much..lol)
7. I am grateful for the gas prices having gone down!
8. I am grateful for all the life lessons that I was taught this year
9. I am grateful that I have a wonderful support system
10. I am grateful that I am alive.
I know the last one was kind of dramatic, but I really am grateful to just be alive, to be able to experience every day. I don't live my life like every day is the last, because I believe that there will always be tomorrow, not that I take everything for granted, but to me when you say this could be my last day, its not a feeling of oh I better do everything I can, its a feeling of doom. I don't want to think its my last day I want to believe in a future :) So on that note, may this coming year be more than anyone hopes for :) and remember to be thankful for all you've got!