Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
1. I am grateful that Nate has finally started talking more clearly, makes life so much easier :)
2. I am grateful that my husband still has a job :)
3. I am grateful that I am going back to school next year for a psychology degree
4. I am grateful that I will be turning 30..they have got to be a better decade than my 20's
5. I am grateful for the new blog friends that I have made..seriously some days just reading funny anecdotes about someone else's life just makes me happy :)
6. I am grateful that I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon (even though mark thinks I read too much..lol)
7. I am grateful for the gas prices having gone down!
8. I am grateful for all the life lessons that I was taught this year
9. I am grateful that I have a wonderful support system
10. I am grateful that I am alive.
I know the last one was kind of dramatic, but I really am grateful to just be alive, to be able to experience every day. I don't live my life like every day is the last, because I believe that there will always be tomorrow, not that I take everything for granted, but to me when you say this could be my last day, its not a feeling of oh I better do everything I can, its a feeling of doom. I don't want to think its my last day I want to believe in a future :) So on that note, may this coming year be more than anyone hopes for :) and remember to be thankful for all you've got!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
After a late night phone call from a very dear friend of mine YELLING at me to "GO BUY TWILIGHT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!" I finally succumbed to the peer pressure and bought it today. My inner bookworm has been craving something new anyway, and since I have been into Vampires lately, thanks to a show on HBO called True Blood, I figured why not? Also I have to say that my curiosity has been peaked ever since Tia over at CGGB (Clever Girl Goes Blog) did a post about it and then put a video of one of the songs from the soundtrack up too, I was pretty much sold! *Side note, if you haven't checked out CGGB please do, you won't be sorry, Tia is a great writer and makes me laugh on a daily basis!*
Saturday, November 15, 2008
1. Normally it would be the colors changing, but out here everything is Brown 365 days a year, so I guess I will say I like watching the colors change everywhere BUT here :)
2. I love the COLD and as soon as it hits 75 degrees I break out my sweaters! HAHA!
3. I love to bake, I usually bake all year long, but for the Holiday Season I tend to go overboard and become a comfort food maniac! Some of the things I bake are...chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, fudge, brownies, cupcakes, pumpkin crisp, pumpkin tarts, pumpkin pie, apple pie and if I keep going I'm going to get really hungry.....
4. I love hot chocolate, mostly the Starbucks kind because I always get a Peppermint Hot Chocolate...if you haven't had one TRY one this year, I promise you won't be disappointed!
5. I love YANKEE Candles, their Fall/Winter Scents are so wonderfully yummy! I have a whole list of those that when you burn them together or even separate they make your whole House smell so good, so here goes..Harvest, Red Apple Wreath, Pumpkin (anything except spice, I'm allergic to it), Christmas Cookies, Jack Frost, Silver Bells, Atumn Gold, Autmn Leaves, Sparkiling Cinnamon....That's just to name a few... I'll add to the list later :)
6. I Love to GIVE presents, sounds corny I know, but since most of my friends and some of my family's Birthdays are during this season I get to give presents for like 3 months! Oh and I like to GET presents too, my birthday is 8 days before Christmas (Dec. 17 for those that don't want to do the math..hehe). Serioulsy though I think giving presents is way more fun, especially when it's a REALLY good present and you get to see the person's face light up, it's just the best feeling!
7. I love Holiday FOOD, not just the baked goodies, but Turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes, and stuffing..did I mention stuffing? And gravy and sweet potatoes, and green bean caaserole, and even though I don't get to eat it anymore, I loved my grandma's Carrott Bread Pudding with lemon sauce, it was something she ALWAYS made at Christmas and only she and I would eat it, I can't think of anyone else ever eating it but us (Brit correct me if I'm wrong please..), I also love my Aunt's Blueberry Yum Yum, it's also a Family tradition, Thanksgiving and Christmas ONLY, but I swear if given the chance I could probably eat it EVERYDAY!
8. I Love Christmas Music and movies, it just takes me back to being a kid and I get soooooo giddy, another great feeling! Some of my favorite singers/movies are Josh Groban, Nat King Cole, the soundtrack to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Carol, T'was The Night Before Christmas....another really long list.....
9. I love TRADITIONS, putting up the tree and decorating it, wrapping presents (even though I suck at it!), watching A Christmas Carol on Christmas eve, singing songs with my family....everyone gathered around opening presents...(man I miss my family!)
10. My favorite thing about this time of year is all the LOVE you can feel from people, except for the crazy ones that are out shopping, some of those people are not about the love...most places you go to though people are just kinder around the Holidays, something about this time of year that just makes you want to LOVE everyone...maybe it's just me?
There is alot more stuff that I really love, but I'll stop here because my child is banging on things.....What do you love about this time of year?
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Over the weekend my wonderful tattoo artist imprinted upon me a now daily reminder of my mother, as if I really needed one, but it's beautiful nonetheless. I chose this particular piece because it is indicative of who my mom was in a sense, the butterfly represents the freedom that my mom had (when she wasn't chained down by her addictions) and the 4 bears represent the different facets of her personality, each one is different, each one is placed in it's own world and thats how my mom was, she was something different to everyone, but the butterfly contained her while also allowing her to be free. I added a few personal touches, one bear is holding a football (my mom loved her 49ers) and one is holding a baseball (she also loved her Giants), each of those will be done in the colors of her favorite teams. I know you can't really see it at the moment but I placed her name along the lines at the top of each wing, you can sort of see it, but the flash kind of whites it out a little. I know she would be "proud" of the tattoo, since it represents her so well, oh yea I forgot to mention, I chose the Grateful Dead because of her love of the band :) and my love of the band as well. I miss her all the time and I know this holiday season is going to make me a wreck, but I will get through it and pretty soon each year will get easier (I hope). I wanted to share this part of me with all of you since I can no longer share with her in the physical aspect, I feel her looking over me from time to time, and every now and then I hear her laugh especially when Nate has done something truly hilarious :). I guess she's not really gone, she lives on in me and my children and for that I am grateful.
Miss you mom, I love you and I hope you like your tattoo :)